|Anonymous 03:24, 4 October 2022 (EDT)|
|This page is in the process of being created and has a lot more information/blogging before it will be considered finished. Stay tuned.|
Channels I Check Out
- Traplines and Inlines -- well hello there today boys and girls...
- Chris Harbour -- for a guy who knows his shit, he complains and whines quite a bit.
- Primitive Skills (Vietnam)
- Primitive Technology (Australia) -- this guy is making a tv show or something. no new content for now.
- 50 Acres and a Cabin -- a really OCD guy who recently changed his channel's name to a cabin and 50 acres because rassism.
- Kyle's Cabin -- mister personality
- Off grid living with Cierra -- Kyle's wife, but almost no content right now.
- Erik Grankvist -- some kid out in the Swedish wilderness doing everything by hand.
- Smooth Gefixt -- couple of dutch/irish kids building a roundhouse.
- Life in the Siberian Wood -- some kids out in sibera building a log cabin.
Food and Cooking
- ReveiwBrah -- I can't believe I left this guy off of this list for so long. I have been watching him for years and i guess I just took him for granite.
- Steve1989MreInfo -- nice.
- Bon Appetit -- a bunch of garbage for the most part, i mostly watch the channel for brad, and even he is getting worse.
- First We Feast -- don't bother with anything other than the hot wings challenge.
- Food Wishes -- based chef john.
- BBQ Pit Boys -- smoke me a fatty brisket.
- Adam Ragusea -- guy can be annoying, and he is totally trying to be the next Alton Brown, but sometimes he actually makes good food.
- Chef Jean Pierre -- ONYO
- Sip and Feast -- new guy I am checking out.
- DancingBacons -- some chick that loves food cooked on a hibatchi. j/k she just loves food.
- Self Serving Skillet -- I like Self Serving Skillet enough to begin working on a page for him, but it isn't finished yet.
- 李子柒 Liziqi -- Or however that is spelled. Chinese propaganda of a rustic gardener and cook. Content is not being uploaded due to legal issues...or a bullet to the head.
- Townsends -- 18th century cooking. Comfy.
- Hodge Twins - Conservative -- haven't really checked this channel out in months...
- Mark Dice -- this guy goes around asking idiots questions that they don't know the answers to.
- Zeducation -- I dont really listen to the podcast, I just check out the memes.
- Odins Men -- Mostly reactions to liberal tik tok videos.
Movies and Television
- Ozzy Man Reviews -- only when you are really, really bored.
- classic comedy channel -- oldies but goodies.
History and Science
- Joe Scott -- This guy can be sanctimonious. He is also a smug globalist commie, but he has good content at times. If you can stomach it.
- Tasting History --This could also go in the "Food and Cooking" section, but there is more history than cooking, so I stuck it here.
- In Deep Geek -- But I only watch the Tolkien stuff.
- The Broken Sword -- These guys used to be called something like "the men of the west" and had to change their name because amazon or the Tolkien estate got pissy about their name.
- Joshua Roberts -- Lawyer Up.
Some outstanding Lego creations. These guys spend way too much time on making stuff, but I love it anyways.
Weird, Spooky, Odd
- MrBallen -- Scary but true stories.
- Twisted Minds -- Mostly serial killer fun.
- theLittleFears -- Long dead, but still fun.
Rednecks and Other Stupidity
- FPSRussia -- Gone, but not forgotten. I can't believe all of his content is still up, but I will link it here and check it out from time to time. Yes, I know the real story.
- Shed Happens Repo time.
- Katina Eats Kilos -- Competitive eater.
- Beard Meets Food. Some brit competitive eater. He that asks for steaks well done, but then dumps steak sauce and "cheesy sauce" on them. Ridiculous. However, the guy can put down some serious food.
- Dave504 -- This guy has been posting shorts more and more lately, but his older content is good.
Probably the most important video on all of Youtube. I check it out from time to time because the lesson is timeless.
- Law Professor James Duane -- Don't Talk to the Police
Stuff NOT on Youtube
Sports Streaming Sites
News Streaming Sites
Movie and Live Television Sites
- hxxps://wvw1.123movies.net/123Movies -- wikimedia won't let me link this one. Yes, it's a shady website. Get a good ad-blocker and some other protection.
- Thundarr the Barbarian (and other cartoons)
Documentary and History
When something is dumb, crude, and cruel, it is usually referred to as a monster. I am taking the side of many content providers. Youtube is the monster. When censorship, demonetization, and other random fuckery occurs, you know a media conglomerate is pulling strings to steer viewers away from content that they desire. We see it in all other forms of social media, but when you consider how great Youtube started off, compared to what it is doing today, you know something dastardly is up.
In a world full of streaming garbage, actual human beings make content on Youtube from time to time. I try to make sure my links are to everyday people instead of those stupid reddit channels that have a computer generated voice just re-reading posts. I also try to limit my viewing of "reaction" content because most of them are just disingenuous fuckos who act like they don't know who Led Zeppelin is or that The Wizard of Oz is a movie.
If I see a guy, gal, or team actually trying to make good, wholesome content, I will try to pay attention. This usually lasts until they annoy me, or do something stupid enough for me to turn off their channel forever. That is the main reason why I created that list of links. Almost all of them are people that offer something other than just begging for Youtube bullshit.
As for professional production on Youtube channels... Yes, I am aware that quite a few of the links that I have listed above (Bon Appetite, Simon Whistler, etc) are actual companies that pour tens of thousands of dollars into the quality, content, and production of their videos. They may be Youtube suck-ups, creating content for money or for publicity, but at least they create content that is half way interesting. The Hot Ones challenge is one perfect example of this. However, as fun and interesting a highly produced and slick video may be, I still like watching some guy out in the woods, with one camera, building something.
This guy almost fully summed it up for me:
In 2005 up until maybe 2010-2011, YouTube was a social network site where you could broadcast yourself and watch original videos like Charlie Bit My Finger, Chocolate Rain, Urban Ninja, Evolution of Dance, Smosh (when they were good, and Nigahiga (when he was good).
Now YouTube's basically a low-quality streaming service filled with ads and low-quality YouTubers who make the same reviews, bad gaming videos, and stuff just to make money. It's a shame that YouTube went from an original social network of fun videos to a safe haven for the richest 1%.
- I really don't like to call Youtube "social media" these days, with how they control and direct their content.
- It's because GoogleYouTube has become a blatantly manipulative, insidious company that employs some very unscrupulous, devious, and downright toxic people. It's because they have an endless multi-tentacled agenda and not-so-ulterior but highly objectionable motives.